Wednesday, May 5, 2010

First Steps to Publishing My First Book

"What are you waiting for? A certain shade of green?" - Incubus


The Legend of Phoenix Mountain is a dream come true for me in so many ways. I've always wanted to write a book, and finally it's done. I've always looked forward to reading a story like this one, and so now it exists. I've dreamed of making an impact on the cultural landscape of humanity's literary and conceptual heritage, and here's a big first attempt. I planned to make some noise as an Asian American voice, and here's my first big shout.

Now I embark on a journey to publish and promote this debut book. Although I have high hopes for its reception, I know I'm in for a long haul of lonely hours sitting at promotion tables and days that go by without a copy sold. Positive or negative, I'm looking forward to people's responses and interpretations of what I've written. If no one loves it, I know at least I do, and above all, I hope that those who read it will find that it gave them something to think about. ^_^

-- tinabot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Carve your comment with a kunai here.